E-Corps (pronounced E CORE) Expeditions
The mission of the organization is to provide our participants renewal, replenishment, and restoration in nature by strengthening their C.O.R.E. (Community, Outdoor Appreciation, Recreation, and Environmental Education). To achieve this mission, E-Corps has monthly offerings of NatSci Walks, Environmental Expos, Workshops, E-Movies, Upcycle crafts, and Expeditions (Week-end Camps). Other services include; Event Planning, Education Programs, Leadership training, Safety Certifications, Team Building, and 2015 Summer Basic Training sessions (Camps).
The E-Corps Crew has explorers, naturalists, and scientists whose goals are to:
Encourage our participant’s natural curiosity to promote critical thinking skills, while instilling sense of place in a completely positive environment.
- Improve each participant’s knowledge in the natural world, increase feelings of ecological stewardship; reinforce good social skills, while instilling confidence through a sense of purpose.
- Provide enriched environmental education programming.
- Share the intrinsic value of nature for the public at large and present science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) opportunities in a fresh new format.
- Establish mentor-ship opportunities for handicapable youth and veterans.
- Provide a safe and secure environment conducive to learning.
E-Corps’ programs are designed for all ages – including families.
The ELC will be open Monday & Wednesday from noon – 8 pm, Tuesday & Thursday from 3 pm – 8 pm.
Please drop by the center, call us at 704-601-5083, or check us out online www.ecorps.org.
“There is a restorative power in nature, that replenishes our spirit, renews our bond with the great outdoors and causes us to come alive.” – E-Corps Crew