Kids 3 -11 are free with an adult paid admission class
Youth ages 12 and up Fish independently (no adult co-angler required)
In this one and half hour class you will learn:
- What a spin casting reel is!
- Basic spin casting fishing skills: casting, safety,
- Identify different types of rods and reels including parts & how used
- Learn to tie fishing knots
- Learn five artificial lures and some natural bait
- Get the skills to potentially catch fish! That’s Why they call it FISHING instead of CATCHING!
- Learn what lives in Lake Crawford!
- Join us 9/5 details here https://e-corps.org/recreation/fishing/
Why go to the Smokies? If you are into plants and animals (flora & fauna) this is the place. Being a temperate rain-forest the span of elevations makes this place so diverse it is difficult to comprehend the magnitude of species. Follow the link below to see the 18,200 species to date which there are over 931 NEW to SCIENCE!
Smokies Species Tally | Discover Life in America.
If you would like some help discovering this abundant life contact the good folks at the Great Smoky Mountain Institute at Tremont.
Why Coffee Is Good for You | EcoWatch.
Some of us can’t function with out our coffee as our Naturalist, Scientist and good friend Val @ValinRealLife can attest too. If we can function you need to give our poor attitude a wide berth.
Environmental Education Programming
- For groups and schools
- STEAM infused learning
- Engaging students in inquiry-based instruction
- Present science detailing “what” is known is tied to “how” it is known
- “hands-on/minds-on” activities that are exemplars of scientific inquiry,
- Art and Engineering from human impact assessment, sense of place components
- Calculate results, comparisons and produce assessments
Request a program here.
Not a School, but interest in our programs? Request a Naturalist or Scientist for your event here