Meteors Showers | E-Corps Expeditions Inc..
Tag Archives: #MountHollyNC
Gaston County Attractions
NCFS -Champion Big Trees – “Ya gotta love em”
Ever wonder what the America’s looked like before clear cut logging? Thank goodness our forest service agencies practice sustainability, meaning if trees are harvested then new trees are planted in their place..
Join the hunt in Mount Holly NC for Big Trees just click the here!
Help us find the Champion TREES in Mount Holly!
BIG Trees! Hunters first MEETING 10/26 3:00 PM
Big Trees Mount Holly Help us find the Champion TREES in Mount Holly!
WHAT: The Big Tree program goal is to branch into the Mount Holly community to engage & promote the worth, both historically and environmentally, of trees. These trees will root the community and connect them to their nearby nature. A historical timeline will be developed providing a sense of place and pride in 22 environmental tree benefits. Want to estimate what a tree does for you?Click here!
Need: Tree HUNTERS, Tree Spotters, Youth Tree Hunter Leaders* Volunteer here!
WHO: The Mount Holly Community, facilitated by E-Corps, and lead by Big Tree Hunters!
WHEN: 10/26/2014 3:00pm first Big Tree Hunt – Find the schedule, click here
WHERE: First meeting is at the E-Learning Center, 604 S. Main Street. Mount Holly, NC 28120
TO DO: Find the Big Trees!
- Ask the property owner for permission to evaluate the tree.
- Measure the trunk (circumference), Height, and canopy (crown spread)
- Determine the species
- Calculate the age based on the growth factor
- Record the coordinates
- Photograph the tree and record distinguishing characteristics
- Report the age to the Mount Holly Historic Society for a historical time line.
- Consider any tree larger than 9″ inches for submission to the NC Champion Tree Database.
Printable information Big Tree Sighting Report Big Tree Hunt Report Facebook Group
Nature after school program
E-Corps introduces our After School Enrichment Classes
What is it? In a nut shell it is summer camp in weekly sessions with stealth learning.
for 3rd – 6th grade students.
The NatSci Junction is a one hour session of STEAM infused learning which;
- Engages students in inquiry-based instruction
- Presents science detailing “what” is known is tied to “how” it is known
- Are “hands-on/minds-on” activities that are exemplars of scientific inquiry
- Contains Art and Engineering elements in human impact assessment & sense of place components
- Calculations, comparisons and produce assessment are done
Registration for Quarter 2 (2ND) is open: Sessions is from 10/ 27/14 to 12/19/14
Time: 3:30 – 5:00 pm Thursdays in Mount Holly, NC Cost: $87.50
Want to Register? Click here. Want to find out more? Click here.