The Nature Leader Training goal is to inspire our participants to take groups outside and connect with nature.
Want to request this training in your area?
- Just get a group of 8 or more together, suggest a few dates with times, and send an email to Karan@e-corps.org
- This course is a preparatory class to prepare leaders and establish confidence in taking groups into nature. The class covers safety, concerns, observation skills and techniques to overcome barriers to a rewarding outdoor experience. Be prepared to be outdoors the majority of the day.
- Outdoor Leadership/Interpretation
- Ice Breaker – an Outdoor comfort exercise – reducing the stress of the unknown
- Elements of instruction will include the educator participating in kinesthetic/experiential activities.
- Safety skills and concerns
- Observation 101 – using native eyes and descriptive language
- Setting the stage for wonder
- Leave No Trace Principals
Closing – Group discussion and development of ideas to formulate quality outdoor experiences for future participants
Opportunity for: Criteria II Credit for the North Carolina Environmental Education Certificate.
These are some of Karan’s mentors Mr. Richard Louv author of Last Child in the Woods, Jon Young author of Coyotes Guide to Connecting with Nature – and Kathy Bull founder of NC Children and Nature Coalition.
Watch the video below to discover what Nature Deficit is & why there is a need for natural leaders.