For: Educators, Youth leaders, Teachers, Parents & Awesome Adults
- As Requested
What: WiNN Mentoring
WiNN is a platform for children to share engaging nature reports or stories. Children will tell what spawns their wonder from frogs to a ferns, or bats to birds, or rocks to ridges it is their story. From these fresh voices a periodic news broadcast will be made highlighting the wild stories. Join us and WiNN!
Mentor youth to create:
- A story/report (to be published) that contains the 3 – I, inquiry, image, and information on the subject or as WiNN calls it, a “wild thing”.
- Inquiry = the question or issue of wonder that drew you to the story
- Image = drawing, photograph, video, or other artistic rendering of the “wild thing”
- Information = tell the story through your eyes, and teach the WiNN audience
Your youth can participate in these formats:
- On Wild Nature News iNaturalist project page and enter their sighting. (Find Detailed lesson & instructions here – Ted Ed registration/account is required)
- Or they may choose to submit a post to the Wild Nature News website in our “A Wild Thang Category”. See a sample post here
- Or perform as a production crew for WiNN News report build and submit a News Story – details coming soon – to send in your story.