Safety & Skills
Pet First Aid Learn how to respond to health emergencies and provide basic first aid for the four-legged members of your family. Practice and preparation will help you be calm and effective in an emergency, protecting you and your animal from further injury or suffering. Choose from: Dog First Aid, Cat First Aid, and Cat and Dog First Aid. Course length: 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 hours depending on class size Location provided with paid registration. All participants must register in advance.
- Understanding basic pet owner responsibilities;
- Administering medicine
- Managing breathing and cardiac emergencies
- Managing urgent care situation
- Treating wounds
- Treating electrical shock
- Caring for eye, foot and ear injuries
- Preparing for disasters
Would you know what to do in a cardiac, breathing or first aid emergency? The right answer could help you save a life. With an emphasis on hands-on learning, our First Aid/CPR/AED courses give you the skills to save a life. All course options align with OSHA’s Best Practices for Workplace First Aid Training Programs . Certification is issued upon successful completion. Course length: up to 5 hours Location provided with paid registration. All participants must register in advance.
- 2 year certification Course
- First Aid: Learn how to respond to common first aid emergencies, including burns; cuts; head, neck and back injuries and more. Pediatric option included
- CPR/AED Learn how to respond to cardiac and breathing emergencies in adults, including the use of automated external defibrillators (AED). Adult and infant/child CPR included.
Watch our calendar for upcoming workshops and expeditions! We facilitate the following programing: