Big Trees Mount Holly Help us find the Champion TREES in Mount Holly!
WHAT: The Big Tree program goal is to branch into the Mount Holly community to engage & promote the worth, both historically and environmentally, of trees. These trees will root the community and connect them to their nearby nature. A historical timeline will be developed providing a sense of place and pride in 22 environmental tree benefits. Want to estimate what a tree does for you? Click here!
Need: Tree HUNTERS, Tree Spotters, Youth Tree Hunter Leaders* Volunteer here!
WHO: The Mount Holly Community, facilitated by E-Corps, and lead by Big Tree Hunters!
WHEN & Where : Find the schedule, click here
TO DO: Find the Big Trees! We will
- Ask the property owner for permission to evaluate the tree.
- Measure the trunk (circumference), Height, and canopy (crown spread)
- Determine the species
- Calculate the age based on the growth factor
- Record the coordinates
- Photograph the tree and record distinguishing characteristics
- Report the age to the Mount Holly Historic Society for a historical time line.
- Consider any tree larger than 9″ inches for submission to the NC Champion Tree Database.
Spot a TREE let us know below!
Why Trees ? Here is what the trees in a small town up north, Fon du Lac, Wisconsin, provide annually.