BIG Trees! Hunters first MEETING 10/26 3:00 PM
Big Trees Mount Holly Help us find the Champion TREES in Mount Holly!
WHAT: The Big Tree program goal is to branch into the Mount Holly community to engage & promote the worth, both historically and environmentally, of trees. These trees will root the community and connect them to their nearby nature. A historical timeline will be developed providing a sense of place and pride in 22 environmental tree benefits. Want to estimate what a tree does for you?Click here!
Need: Tree HUNTERS, Tree Spotters, Youth Tree Hunter Leaders* Volunteer here!
WHO: The Mount Holly Community, facilitated by E-Corps, and lead by Big Tree Hunters!
WHEN: 10/26/2014 3:00pm first Big Tree Hunt – Find the schedule, click here
WHERE: First meeting is at the E-Learning Center, 604 S. Main Street. Mount Holly, NC 28120
TO DO: Find the Big Trees!
- Ask the property owner for permission to evaluate the tree.
- Measure the trunk (circumference), Height, and canopy (crown spread)
- Determine the species
- Calculate the age based on the growth factor
- Record the coordinates
- Photograph the tree and record distinguishing characteristics
- Report the age to the Mount Holly Historic Society for a historical time line.
- Consider any tree larger than 9″ inches for submission to the NC Champion Tree Database.
Printable information Big Tree Sighting Report Big Tree Hunt Report Facebook Group